Sunday, March 14, 2010

Spring Cleaning - Day 23, 24, 25

Well I've been EXHAUSTED adjusting to new changes in our lives, work, and hectic, hectic schedules for the kids. So although I didn't get to pop on and blog the last few days, the family and I have still been busy being green :)

Friday - As a result of spring cleaning, a bunch of items have been listed on Craigslist instead of heading for the landfill, and they sold!

Saturday - Instead of buying new furniture, the girls helped visualize rearranging some furniture, which of course resulted in 5 different rooms getting changed around. Their ability to think outside the box surprises me sometimes. But, it is that ability that I hope will lead them to great careers, maybe even green careers where they can help save the planet :)

Sunday - Donated a bunch of fabric and clothes to Big Brother Big Sister, keeping it out of the landfill. Gathered more books to donate to the library and put them in the car for the next trip. I wonder how many pounds of stuff we've prevented from "Mount Trashmore"? At any rate it feels good no matter how many pounds it is.

I think that growing a Green Family is about kinda like planting small seeds and watching them grow!!! Pretty soon I can get outside and sprout some seeds too.

No comments:

Post a Comment