Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day :)

Happy Mother's Day to all the Moms, grandmothers, and stepmoms!  And I guess we should include Mother Earth too, without Mother Earth, none of us would be here.  I wish you all a great day, peace, harmony, and love.  

I had a really nice Mother's Day doing what I like best with the people I like best :)  I got out in the veggie garden, and with the help of Rosebud, Tiger Lily, Sweet Pea, and Rhody, got the veggies in!  Today we did a little weeding, rock picking, and added to the lettuce, onions, carrots, broccoli, and snap peas that are already growing.  We planted 12 Tomatoes, 6 eggplant, 6 hot peppers (for Hubby), 6 green peppers, 6 zucchini, 3 yellow squash. Rosebud also planted a bunch of cucumber and green bean seeds for me. Can't wait for the yummy food to come. 

We also created a huge new bed of perennials that should liven things up as you drive into our driveway.  Rhody helped me dig out a bunch of weeds and prepare the bed with Hubby.  Rhody and I recycled some newspaper by laying it down to help kill the weeds underneath, then Hubby added some topsoil on top of the newspaper.  Sweet Pea brought me a much needed drink, and  I planted the perennials.  Helpful, strong Hubby brought a bunch of wheel barrels full of mulch to finish it all off.  Rosebud helped give the all the plants a nice long drink.  It looks really nice, and I got to spend my Mother's Day with my helpers and digging in the dirt, enjoying Mother Earth, and beautifying our yard.  I'm looking forward to watching them all bloom  :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment